This is a free 7 -Week program for adults with diabetes or pre-diabetes. Two rotations are available. One meets every Monday night from 6-7:30 pm for seven weeks and the other meets every Thursday night from 6-7:30 pm. Select either Mondays or Thursdays, based on your schedule!
The 2019 seven week Monday night course START DATES are: July 8, Sept 9, Nov 4
The 2019 seven week Thursday night course START DATES are: July 11, Sept 12, Nov 7
Classes are taught by registered nurses, guest physicians, a registered dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educators! Come discover the keys to a happier and healthier life with diabetes and learn about:
- Managing Blood Sugar
- Diabetes and Emotions
- Managing Stress
- Medications with SRAHEC Pharmacy residents (Mondays and Thursday classes)
- Healthy Eating and Meal Planning with Anna Matteson, RD (Thursday rotation only)
- Carbohydrate Counting
- Diabetic Vision Care with physicians from Cape Fear Eye Associates (Monday and Thursday rotations)
- Dental Care with dental hygienist Judy Klinck (Monday rotations only)
- Foot Care with Dr. Dan Laut (Monday rotations only)
- Dealing with the Diagnosis
*Note that Monday and Thursday classes cover the same basic materials but will have different guest presenters.
Pre-registration is required for this free course. Call us at 910-483-7534, visit our office at 1422 Bragg Boulevard or sign up through the form below to get enrolled in the next course! Please ask your provider for a printout of your A1C and bring to class. This will help you gauge your success!
Cape Fear Podiatry
Judy Klinck, Dental Hygienist
Dr. Laut, of Cape Fear Podiatry, is a long time supporter of Better Health. We know that proper foot care and daily foot exams are crucial for those with diabetes. Dr. Laut provides quarterly free foot exams to Better Health clients and also helps teach Take Charge of Diabetes classes.